Me!

Me!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

The April Photo Essay

So--what's life like in Melaka?




Let's start with that most prosaic of events, the daily commute...











First we pile in the trusty Perdonna.....


Then we fire up the Ipod....


Off we go....


Past the place where I get my hair cut....


Past the Polis Kontinjen.....


Past the nursery I shop at these days...


Over the bridge by the ole' fishing hole....


Along the GIANT Chinese cementary.....


Yep, I live by a cat house.....

(God, I kill myself!)


The "7-E" with the mini-mart right next door


Right by the airport....



Are these street lights close enough together?


Azreen drives by a mosque.....



Cruising by the garbage dump

(and you thought it was all glamor!)


By the HUGE stadium.

Stadium Hang Jebat--only used twice in the 2+ years I've lived here.


AMJ, the road to SunPower.....


Goats in trees.......


The fancy new sign--looks like a dinosaur.....


Arriving at the elegant "Temp Facil"....

Another day in my Class A office space

But first, some "roti dan sambal" (hot sauce)


And in the afternoon, perhaps our version of peanut M&Ms


Melaka at nite.....





Shiny!

The river walk

Old buildings and good coffee


Kuala Lumpur (KL).....


Fearless fourteen-year-old fixed gear riders

Sidewalk dining--just--no sidewalk

A dorm, I think

Water tanks...or a scuplture garden?

The monorail




Contrasts:

colors, the natural and man made, the old and new

The Ballon Man and the shopkeeper.

This guy isn't going to let a little thing like no legs stop him from participating. I guess I'll stop feeling sorry for myself now....

Back to Melaka for a couple of more...

Favorite Chinese restoran, no menus in english

Ikia--my favorite fish store!


Chop Sin Be Hin--THE bike store!

Fancy workstand? Air conditioning? Who needs it! A 6" wooden stool and a sidewalk and the best tune up in town!


We don't have this sign in Portland!

Parting shot...

Yes, there IS a jungle in Malaysia!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers